• Please stop embedding files/images from Discord. Discord has anti-hotlinking logic in place that breaks links to Discord hosted files and images when linked to from anywhere outside of Discord. There are a multitude of file/image hosting sites you can use instead.

    (more info here)

Recent content by Tpcool

  1. Tpcool

    RAVE STORY HD

    Thanks for putting this together and finishing it after all these years. Playing through this version of the game reminded me how much I love the original mod for its goofiness and creativity (but also how much I hate it for how HARD IT IS. WHOEVER PLAYTESTED THE ORIGINAL REALLY FUCKED UPoh...
  2. Tpcool

    Misery's Meditation

    man what da FUCK Okay, not only was that an insanely good time that took great advantage of what I assume is the best possible Misery spawn, but I'm not sure that the player movements could have been any better without being a TAS. I would at least entertain the idea of trying to beat it if...
  3. Tpcool

    RAVE STORY HD

    The music is damn good guys, if anything download the mod for it.
  4. Tpcool

    Misery's Meditation

    I was thinking of something along the lines of how the Nicalis versions of Cave Story do this in the Sanctuary Time Attack mode. They basically just use a recolored weapon icon as a tileset object. It's a very useful and simple visual indicator. Oh my god, it makes sense that the creator is...
  5. Tpcool

    Misery's Meditation

    I think the Spur ended up being useful because it allows you to make effective use of the downtime in between her teleportation frames. It will always be most useful on the very first cycle, since you can enter the battle with it pre-charged. And her teleportation sequence is slow enough to...
  6. Tpcool

    Misery's Meditation

    THANK you for the mod Doctor. I am pretty much in agreement with with Baka said. The dialogue is pretty cute, and although it can be wacky with Misery's variance in the boss fight I find that I get some kind of sick pleasure when it comes to rolling the dice like that... My only recommendation...
  7. Tpcool

    RaveStory 2

    The notable event is that @rixis19 has been bugging Polar to make a Rave Story-themed desktop wallpaper for a while now. :chin: god damn, thank you for keeping the spirit alive, and for the thoughtful words. Love ya polar.
  8. Tpcool

    MIDI to ORG conversion tools

    Gotta say, this is a wonderful program. I think many of us have been waiting for a proper MIDI2ORG for a long time, and this really delivers. I have only tried one MIDI so far, and I tried to make it a relatively simple one that I had lying around: Splash Hill 1. This took less than an hour to...
  9. Tpcool

    CAVERUNE FULL GAME OUT!

    Really epic. It is a funny mod, and I hope if you plan on updating it that you change more of the dialogue so it is less similar to vanilla Cave Story. All of the custom stuff is golden, my friend.
  10. Tpcool

    gacha cave story pics

    Misery is a lucky lady! ...Wait, why is Chaco on that box? :mad:
  11. Tpcool

    So, hey.

    I must be out of the loop here. What happened in January? Who is this party? Where can I find this document? And where the heck is our King/Queen Noxid??? I would have guessed that this is some isolated drama, but is it more public considering you're posting this directly to the forums?
  12. Tpcool

    gacha cave story pics

    Blessed images, keep up the good work. Even if it does take until August 2021 I will be ready for this. :D If I am allowed to ask: how has the Cave Story gang dealt with the COVID-19 pandemic? Does it exist in their universe? :p And would Quote/Curly even be able to catch it since they are robots?
  13. Tpcool

    gacha cave story pics

    Hype. :cool: Looking forward to seeing this story unfold.
  14. Tpcool

    Show off your org music...

    Sorry, I actually took a look at them when you first posted them, but I didn't have time to comment on them originally. :momo: Most of them don't really stand out to me, but they aren't bad in any way, just kind of unremarkable. What really steals the show for me is "Long Night." I think the...
  15. Tpcool

    Show off your org music...

    Really nice! The song has a very nice energy and mood that would fit perfectly for a boss. It is decently catchy as well, especially towards the end. That part in particular is probably my favorite; the hihats really make it feel like it's climaxing, and the lead instrument stands out. The way...
Back
Top